From the 1st July 2019 mobile customers can now easily switch to a new mobile phone network via text according to OFCOM.
I moved from O2 to giffgaff a while back and whilst it wasn’t too difficult to do, I was initially put off by not knowing the process and didn’t want any hassle whilst leaving.
After reading the new switching rules detailed by OFCOM, there is a really good and easy procedure to follow.
Find out more on switching mobile networks here.
Steps to switch to a new mobile network
Here are the simple steps you can follow to switch network providers via text:
- Text PAC to 65075 if you want to keep your phone number
- A PAC code will be text to you along with any early cancellation charges or credit balances
- Give the PAC code to your new provider
- The new service is switched on within one day
- If you want a new phone number text STAC to 75075 then the same happens as above
- To find out if you are still in a contract and may be charged a termination fee – text INFO to 85075
This is a really good thing to be introduced indeed for everyone.
If you are thinking of changing to a new SIM only deal, I fully recommend giffgaff. They offer low cost plans with generous amounts of data, texts and minutes.
Find out more about giffgaff here.
You can also get £5 free credit if you join giffgaff via my recommendation. Click on the banner below to claim your free credit.