Unlock O2 phone for free. Find out how to unlock your O2 iPhone (contract phone) for free here.
Do you want to unlock your O2 iPhone and transfer your number to a new provider such as giffgaff?
I have recently just unlocked my O2 iPhone through the “My O2” app for free and it was a very easy thing to do. If you are looking to do the same, please read on.
How to Unlock an O2 iPhone
To find out how I unlocked my iPhone to work on any mobile phone network, please follow these easy steps:
- Download the My O2 app if not done so already
- Navigate to Unlock your device in the My O2 app menu
- Tap the Unlock my device button
- You will receive an email in due course from O2 with the unlocking request confirmation
- To complete the unlocking, enter a non O2 sim card into your phone and connect your iPhone to iTunes
You will receive a message on iTunes stating that the activation was successful. Pop in your new sim card and away you go.
If you want to keep your phone number, request a PAC code from your existing network and then send it to your new mobile network. There are plenty of easy to follow instructions on all network websites on how to keep your phone number.
Any questions feel free to get in touch.